Thursday, November 5, 2009

Grizzly Bear - Foreground

Two days ago I saw Peter Victor speak at the university. His book is called Managing without Growth, Slower by Design, Not Disaster and I recommend you take a gander at it if you are interested in economic ecology.

Do you really think its possible to have an economy without any sort of growth in Canada? He proposes a stable economy is just what we are need to fix our problemos and reduce our GHG emissions. Very interesting, however what about businesses that are always seeking to maximize their profits.. Specifically in the stock markets -if you aren't maximizing, won't a stakeholder buy it up to boost those profits? I have minimum to no knowledge about how the stock market works... so I think what I'm saying makes sense.

No comments: