Sunday, December 27, 2009

family bonding

I'm sitting at the dining room table, my work is splayed out, all my THESIS good-ness is just dominating this space, and my father meanders by and sits down.

"I'm going to do some work here too."

"Cool."

He opens his laptop -I'm on mine and I've got some Aretha Franklin playing, because I'm just in an Aretha kinda mood.

In the middle of Dr. Feelgood and I hear some beats, some radio-esque sounding music.
I shrug, thinking it'll probably only last for a couple seconds, maybe my brothers cell phone is going off?...but it doesn't stop.
As Aretha is belting one out and this club music is hits its chorus, I look up at my dad,

"Is that your music?"

"Great jamming...our music"

[at this point I am laughing]

"WHAT IS THAT?"

"Monkey business by the Black Eyed Peas"

And so, despite my sister and I refusing to purchase this CD for him, he has bought it.. and it will not stop.

Perhaps I should buy him headphones...

No comments: