Monday, November 1, 2010

good morning sunshine

AH
So today I had to go to my retail job (woohoo university degree) at 11:00am. I needed the car, so I drove my mom to work at 7:30 then rushed back home to get some shut eye before I had to get up, get ready, walk the dog, eat and go.

At approximately 9, I heard whimpering at my door. I always keep it closed when sleeping so Ralphy doesn't come in and eat my shoes or chew my clothes. I stayed SILENT. I didn't feel like getting up and opening the door for Ralph to come in.. plus my dad was still home, its FINE. Ten minutes later, paws scratching and whimpering, and then more paw scratching, so I said, "OK RAAAAAALPHY I'M COMING."
So I went to my door to open it..but it wouldn't open.
I tried again, I twisted it, I shook it, I pushed it in and out but it WOULDN'T open... I was locked IN my room. I started calling for my dad..no answer... I called again, WHERE was he??!!! I was about panic, thinking I would have to call the fire department or something (I don't know why that seemed logical at the time) BUT finally, my dad chirps up from the kitchen, "where you calling me?"
"UH YAH, IM LOCKED IN MA ROOM"
"huh?"
"LOCKED! LOCKED!!! COME UPSTAIRS"
"oooookay"
After discussing the situation at hand, my dad and I settled on hitting the door knobs from both sides with tools - I used a monkey wrench on my side (thank G I didn't clean my room on the weekend like planned) and he used... a weird big screwdriver type thing. FINALLY, the door knob broke off, and I WAS FREE!
I thanked my dad, closed my knob-less door and tucked back into bed, only to realize, it was time for work, and that I wouldn't be seeing any firemen today.

1 comment:

Krishna Lemon said...

No fireman, sounds like a sucky day to me