Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Something I Made This Week: A Novice Painting

So play is over and I am completely bummed out. I miss the people I worked with, the preparation, the snacks but above all, the exhilaration of being on stage. What can I say? I'm a middle child: I love attention.

WELL ANYWAYS, to keep myself busy I've decided to start a lil' chapter called Something I Made This Week.

This week I used a photograph for reference in a mini trial painting to whip me back into shape. The picture was taken on my disposable camera last summer while I was in the car merging onto the highway. The sky was so rich with color and the light behind the trees made them appear as a beautiful black silhouettes. The colors have obviously been dulled as a result of using a disposable, but I think it works, and gives the picture a nostalgic feeling.

I've always found painting to be extremely hard and have incredible difficulty with getting the color I want, mostly because I'm too lazy to practice and make a color wheel etc. But anyways, here is my impression of the photograph. I am not really happy with it and enjoy the photo way better than the painting but I found it to be a great learning experience. I'm hoping as I continue Something I Made This Week interlude, things will improve.

No comments: