Thursday, December 6, 2012

job-search-zania

Today I decided to ask for help.

When living and traveling abroad I was forced into situations where I had two choices: to take a chance or not.

If you decide to take it, something great *might* happen, and if you don't, you'll probably always wonder.

Before leaving I never felt that urgency to take chances in everyday life, be completely open and to expose myself and my insecurities honestly without regard for what others might think of me -- with the exception of when I did theater. I'm glad that I have since shed that fear because now I am free!....or maybe just oblivious haha.

So despite believing I think I know everything about everything, I asked for help with landing a job. I have reviewed my cover letter and resume with various people but am still not getting interviews.

So I decided, screw it, I'm going to sign up for one of those resume and cover letter building workshops. It might be a waste of time where they tell me things like: don't attach a picture, or, don't use your hot_babe69@hotmail.com email address. But it can't possibly hurt right?

WELL, turns out, they did give me those "don't" points, but they also gave me a ton of incredibly helpful information and I highly recommend it. Maybe not too highly because then we might be competing for the same job...and I want it more.

Take a chance guys.



This song will be in your head all day.
You're welcome.

No comments: